Published on April 23rd, 2015 | by Nancy Basile0
Visit the Real Shire from ‘The Hobbit’
This is, hands down, the coolest safety video you will ever see. Air New Zealand tapped Peter Jackson and his Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit friends to help with their flight safety video. As if I needed another reason to fly to New Zealand!
Before we get to the video, here are some things you Middle-Earth fans might not know about New Zealand.
1. You can visit Hobbiton. A portion of the movie set was left on location for tours. There are 44 unique Hobbit holes, the Green Dragon Inn, mill, double arched bridge and the famous Party Tree.
2. You can have luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner and supper at the Green Dragon Inn. The pub is a complete replica of the one in the Lord of the Rings movies.
3. You can experience a guided tour of the Shire at dusk. The Hobbiton movie set has Evening Dinner Tours that include a feast fit for a Hobbit and an illuminated tour of the Shire.
4. If you can’t make it to New Zealand, you can stay at the The Shire of Montana. The Shire is a 20 acre plethora of Hobbit homes, fairy doors, small fairy villages and props from the movie including Gandalf’s hat and staff.
5. You can visit a special Hobbit House in Chester County, Pennsylvania. A J.R.R. Tolkien fan has decorated his home to reflect his obsession.
Epic safety video from Air New Zealand